Introducing

The first Plant-based Leather of its Kind.
Supple & Soft. Designed to Biodegrade.

shop now

Banbū Leather – A high-performing premium leather alternative made from bamboo. It’s as durable, soft and supple as animal leather, but with less impact on the planet.

Shop the Collection —

the circle bag

Created using bamboo, the most renewable resource on the planet, The Circle Bag is inspired by the circular form of the bamboo plant. It’s functional, crossbody style perfectly carries all of your essentials within an iconic shape.

The Circle Crossbody The Circle Crossbody
The Circle Crossbody The Circle Crossbody
The Circle Crossbody The Circle Crossbody
The Circle Crossbody The Circle Crossbody
About von Holzhausen Video Poster About von Holzhausen Video Poster

Banbū Leather is regenerative.

We’re making a plant-based leather from one of the most renewable materials on the planet, bamboo. Known for its strength and resilience, bamboo is the fastest-growing plant on earth. It can be harvested without destroying its root systems, and it needs relatively little water to grow.

83% Plant-Based

Derived from 83% plant-based materials. The other 17% is a protective layer of resin.

3x Less Water

Requires ⅓ of the water of other natural plants such as cotton.

5x Lighter

Dramatically lighter than conventional leather.

Banbū Leather

Created from 100% bamboo fibers, coated with plant-based resin for durability, and designed to biodegrade in a landfill or ocean.

Bamboo plants are harvested and broken down into chips to create a natural, soft pulp.

Fibers are then extracted and spun into yarn.

Fibers are woven into back cloth and assembled with our additive topcoat.

Learn more about our Biodegradation Technology

Learn More
x