Our Guide to Cleaning Your
At this point, we've lost count of the reasons we're obsessed with our new Technik-Leather material. Perhaps our favorite is its stain, scratch and water resistant qualities, which truly give a whole new meaning to the phrase "it lasts a lifetime."
But while durability is a key component in our love for this performance fabric, we know that it's impossible to avoid stains 100% of the time. Most shouldn't damage your bag, but in the chance that you come across a pesky stain, here are a few ways you can get your bag back to its pristine appearance in just a few simple steps.
- Wipe up spills as soon as they occur
- Clean with soap and water or alcohol based cleaners
- Sanitize using disinfectants such as (1:5) bleach/water solution
- For stubborn stains (including those from ink), wipe off with isopropyl alcohol as soon as possible
- Thoroughly rinse all solution residue with clean water
- Air dry
As a final note: While Technik-Leather is easier to clean than most other materials, be aware that a variety of clothing and accessories may contain dyes that could transfer to lighter colors, depending upon variations in temperature and humidity. Dye transfer is difficult to control, not always fully preventable, and may be irreversible, so make sure to take care when wearing any fabrics with your bag that you suspect may bleed.